As a Network Security Engineer, we know you can work anywhere. So, why work with us? Our Engineers have the ability and autonomy to dive deeply into the technologies they’re utilizing to understand how they work, how they are designed and most importantly, how we can explore what they’re capable of to determine suitability to the solutions we’re designing. They have the freedom and flexibility to try new ideas, leveraging their knowledge and experience to design scalable solutions that use technology in new and inventive ways each and every day.
What we can offer to you here is an opportunity to maximize your natural curiosity, to leverage the insights you’ve gained throughout your career, whether that’s been within Information Security and/or elsewhere within Technology, to proactively identify various ways to address known or perceived risks to our environment. Your insights & explorations will be encouraged and welcomed, providing you with the opportunity to act upon the ideas you have without the constraint of vendor tools and/or infrastructure limitations. And you’ll be working with engineers who are always pushing each other to be better, ensuring they’re always learning, always teaching and always on the cutting edge of developments and trends within Information Security.
If you join us, some of what you will be directly engaged in includes:
- Designing and optimizing our network perimeters including firewalls, VPNs, wireless security, Network Access Controls, and web and email gateways
- Protecting SIG's network boundaries and sensitive data flows, while increasing insight and inspection of those flows
- Researching, architecting, deploying & supporting solutions that enable you to be involved in addressing environmental risks from inception to operationalization & management
- Automating, integrating and unifying our diverse network security controls into an integrated security defense layer that automatically adapts to changes in SIG’s dynamic technology infrastructure, and keeps up with the ever-changing threat landscape thus eliminating admin overhead, and reducing time between intelligence and action
- Leveraging previous experience with and/or learning more about Perimeter security, Web & application security, Identity and access management, Endpoint security, Mobility and remote access or Data loss prevention to proactively design solutions to secure our evolving technical environment
Why be anywhere else? Learn more about what it’s like to be a Security Engineer at SIG from one of our own, here: http://bit.ly/29kB3wY.
What we're looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Security, Information Technology, Networking & Systems Administration or a similar technical discipline required; experience can substitute for education
- 5+ years of information security architecture or administration experience required
- 3+ years of network security engineering, architecture or administration experience required
- Demonstrated experience managing and delivering large technology projects required
- Deep technical understanding of information & network security concepts, common attacks and mitigation techniques, and ability to make risk-based decisions required
- Strong grasp of networking and firewall fundamentals with the ability to leverage hands-on troubleshooting and administration skills to support related devices within our environment
- Python, Perl, or similar programming experience required; web development or database administration experience a plus
- We don’t post salary ranges externally so any salary estimate you see listed here was not provided by SIG and may not be accurate.
We don’t post salary ranges externally so any salary estimate you see listed online was not provided by SIG and may not be accurate.
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.