As a Macro Analyst on SIG’s Research team, you will partner with our senior analysts and traders to identify investment opportunities in the index, ETF and options markets. Research analysts provide in-depth country and sector-level analysis around future catalyst events and provide real-time opinions on breaking news throughout the trading day. You will be responsible for finding opportunities that other market participants may not be capitalizing on, either by discovering new information or considering existing knowledge from a different perspective. The macro analysts are embedded with the Index trading desk and work collaboratively with traders who rely heavily on the analysis you provide to make trading decisions.
This role provides the unique opportunity to combine the quantitative aspects of finance with creative problem solving in order to develop trade ideas in a fast-paced proprietary trading environment.
Specific Job Duties Include:
- Identify actionable trading opportunities across country or sector ETFs/Indices
- Monitor global economic events and offer analysis of their implication for financial markets
- Analyze sector or industry-wide events, identifying groups of companies that may have exposure to a particular developing situation
- Provide real-time opinions on breaking news
- Forecast international dividends
- Evaluate special situations such as elections, referendums, trade disputes
- Some travel may be required
What we're looking for
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree and 2 years work experience
- Strong written, analytical, and financial research skills
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Background in international relations/macro-economics; Prior exposure to fundamental company research preferred
- Familiarity with a trading environment and derivative products preferred
- Working knowledge of all major asset classes (e.g. fixed income, equities, commodities, forex) a plus but not required
- Must be a self-starter, a quick learner, an effective communicator, and resourceful in solving problems
- Willingness to work additional and flexible hours when necessary
- Will not require visa sponsorship within three years of date of application
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.
We do not post salary ranges externally so any salary estimate you see listed on a third party website was not provided by SIG and may not be accurate.
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.