As Production Engineer you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth operation, monitoring and maintenance of the back-end infrastructure upon which all critical proprietary applications run.
In this role
You will be involved in investigating, troubleshooting and resolving any issues raised by the Trading Desk. Participate in long-term project work for new or existing support systems, monitoring systems, support tools and/or deployment of new software trading systems. Working with the development team to improve the supportability and robustness of the production runtime environment.
What we're looking for
- Experience of Windows Servers and/or Linux servers
- Exposure to and understanding of networking technologies (switches, tcp, routing, multicast)
- Experienced in a scripting language (e.g. Python, Powershell, Perl, bash)
- Strong knowledge of networked Application Systems
- Excellent IT analytical/troubleshooting skills to include extensive experience tracing problems through analysing log files, following application/systems logic (e.g. routing paths)
- Experience with complex and structured software deployments
- An interest in finance is a plus but not essential
- BSc. in a technical discipline.
- Taking Initiative
- Thrive under pressure
- Self-motivated and creative
- Strong communicator, Interpersonal
- Detail Oriented
- Team Skills
- Effective time manager
- Flexibility – all members of the team participate in early morning and out of hours support schedules
- Willingness for continued Learning
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.