Do you enjoy building solutions your end-users haven’t even thought of yet? Are you inquisitive enough to delve deeper into their requirements and ask why? Our Engineers work with cutting-edge technology to solve challenges every day to maximise stability for our trading environment. You will be an important part of coordinating and deploying broad-based technical solutions, refreshes and upgrades within this environment.
You are responsible for both engineering solutions and solving a range of issues such connectivity, infrastructure maintenance, components (not single application) functionality to the back-end infrastructure upon which our trading applications run.
The Support Team operate as part of a shift pattern and participate in early morning and out of hours support schedules when required.
- Manage, monitor and support a highly distributed production system including both Windows and Linux servers
- Developing scripts for monitoring our production environment and its dependencies for an automated trading desk
- Acting as a liaison between the trading desk and network, security, market data and platform teams for system level production issues and new setups
- Monitoring and supporting a highly distributed production system
What we're looking for
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong knowledge of networked Application Systems
- Experience of Windows Servers and/or Linux servers
- Experience with complex and structured software deployments
- Experienced in a scripting language (e.g. Python, PowerShell, bash)
- Excellent IT analytical/troubleshooting skills to include extensive experience tracing problems through analysing log files, following application/systems logic (e.g. routing paths)
- Exposure to and understanding of networking technologies (switches, Tcp/IP, routing, multicast)
- Taking Initiative
- Thrive under pressure
- Self-motivated and creative
- Strong communicator, Interpersonal
- Detail Oriented
- Team Skills
- Effective time manager
- Flexibility – all members of the team participate in early morning and out of hours support schedules
- Willingness To Learn
We don’t post salary ranges externally so any salary estimate you see listed here was not provided by SIG and may not be accurate.
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.