As a Linux Architect at SIG, you will be in a hands-on role that directly impacts the current and future structure of our multi-thousand server environment. You will have the opportunity to collaborate directly with business and technical teams, while building and deploying next generation platforms using cutting edge technologies. You will also research, design and implement solutions to enhance our applications, operating systems, and physical set up of our servers in our large cluster environment. We value an innovative and creative approach to solving the complex problems of performance and scale.
About our team
- We love to use technology to make our lives easier. We focus on a combination of integrating automation tools and scripting our own solutions. We offer the opportunity to build on current scripting skills, as well as learn new languages.
- There is constant opportunity to explore new ideas and products. You will get to work with a mix of software and hardware, including the newest processors and chassis, as well as different OpenSource technologies.
- Optimization is our goal. We are given the flexibility to implement and customize third party tools. We also develop and mold our own tools internally. Whether we’re increasing our speed or capacity, or decreasing our latency, we’re driven to make our systems work better and smarter.
- Our engineers tackle a variety of responsibilities. Whether the task is creating a script, customizing a build template, fixing a bottleneck, or researching a new project you will remain hands on while working in a challenging environment.
- We interact directly with the business units we support to improve the trading applications and backend systems on which they depend. Our focus is to ensure they are effective, fast and have a very low chance of failure. We are always looking to identify potential problems so we can create solutions before they occur.
What we're looking for
- Bachelor's degree in technical discipline required
- 5+ years of Linux engineering and/or design experience required
- Solid understanding of Linux operating system (SUSE, RHEL, CentOS), server hardware (x86 based) and networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, RDMA, SSH, NFS)
- Experience with performance optimization, root cause analysis, and advanced troubleshooting. Examples include familiarity with kernel-level and I/O subsystem tweaks and limit controls and tools such as vmstat, strace, tcpdump, and netstat
- Scripting and automation experience with Python, Ruby or similar languages required
- Experience with configuration management and automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet or similar tool required
- Experience configuring and supporting clustered file systems with GPFS and Lustre a plus
- Experience with or understanding of virtualization technologies such as VMware a plus
For more information, please contact Chris Gomes at Chris.Gomes@SIG.com.
We don’t post salary ranges externally so any salary estimate you see listed here was not provided by SIG and may not be accurate.
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.