Our Brokerage Technology team plays a critical role in originating and processing our institutional trade flow, which deals with large clients such as pension funds, hedge funds, and the like. In this role, you will be on the front lines of our trading floor, providing application and workflow support directly to traders and operations staff. In addition, you will leverage your growing business expertise to develop and enhance applications for trading, market analysis, and reporting. These efforts will be critical in helping to drive business by providing our traders with the tools they need to analyze and trade customer order flow. This unique hybrid role will allow you a direct connection to the business, while learning about the Institutional Trading space and growing as a software developer.
Daily Responsibilities Include:
- Monitoring functionality of systems and applications; investigating, identifying, and resolving user and application problems in a timely manner
- Testing new software versions for business-level features and functionality
- Working closely with management to implement the policies and practices of the team
- Working on and providing both adhoc and scheduled reports to trading and sales to help in analyzing business trends
- Working with external vendors and partners to ensure their systems interact seamlessly with ours
- Working with senior trading system developers to build and enhance trading system functionalities
SIG Technologists Are:
- Able to execute on ideas quickly
- Committed to innovation
- Focused on the entire technical stack with an eye for building a stable, scalable, optimized environment with minimized risk
- Passionate about technology and interested in exploring new technologies to find the optimal solution
- Able to identify problems and develop solutions
What we're looking for
- Outstanding communication skills; ability to triage and juggle multiple issues simultaneously
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline or its foreign equivalent plus 2 years of progressive experience developing software applications using an object oriented language. Relevant experience can be substituted for education.
- Two (2) years of recent hands-on experience with the .NET, C++, or Java technologies
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure in a fast-paced team environment.
- Willingness and ability to work in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle.
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.