At SIG we realise that our technology is the cornerstone to our success. An opportunity exists for a Technology Support Specialist to join the Infrastructure Services Team in Sydney. This role involves helping to support and manage the various technology components that make up the SIG environment. This will include desktops, phones, networking, Linux and Windows systems that are used for both trading and office functions within the Sydney office and the Asia Pacific region.
This role will report directly to the Infrastructure Services Manager in Sydney. The team works very closely with the other technology teams in Sydney and the USA, to provide fast and efficient solutions to business needs.
The successful candidate will be hands-on, positive and enthusiastic, with experience in a wide range of technologies.
What you will be doing:
- You will be responsible for deployment and support of hardware (for e.g. servers, phones, desktops and monitors).
- You will support various applications (for e.g. MS Office, Jira, and various proprietary applications).
- You will provide 1st level support for our Infrastructure and desktop support for local staff.
- You will assist engineering teams from Sydney and Philadelphia Head Office where needed.
What we're looking for
- Someone with 2+ years’ experience in a technical support role.
- Someone who can troubleshoot complex issues quickly and efficiently.
- Someone with great customer service skills.
- Experience with supporting Windows Desktops and the Microsoft Suite.
- Some knowledge of SCCM, AD and telephony systems preferred.
- Some experience with Linux, networking, trading room environments and trading applications (Bloomberg, Reuters etc) would be an advantage.
This role is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to expand their knowledge in many technical areas and gain exposure to the financial markets.
We don’t post salary ranges externally so any salary estimate you see listed here was not provided by SIG and may not be accurate.
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.