As Trading Application Support Engineer you will join an existing Trading Application Support team and provide technical and administrative support for all trading, operational and support systems in the Dublin office.
This is a very demanding and highly technical role which requires you to display strong technical systems and application knowledge in making critical support decisions while working under pressure. You will also manage complex project work for new or existing support systems, monitoring systems, support tools and/or deployment of new software trading systems.
In this role you will:
- Systems and Application Support - working closely with the software development teams and trading desks to provide essential primary support for all trading, operational and market data systems
- Systems and Application Maintenance – managing the deployment process to ensure successful deployment of new system/software and upgrades for all trading and operational systems
- System Monitoring – monitoring of trading systems and alerts through existing monitoring systems, constant re-evaluation of current systems to establish scope for improvement/growth, development of required tools and/or implementation of agreed 3rd party systems to ensure 100% uptime in our trading environment during exchange open hours
- Batch Environment – maintenance through monitoring and development of our batch scheduler to ensure successful completion of batch jobs required for trading – includes batch jobs run during core trading hours and batch jobs run out-of-trading hours
- Continuous evaluation and improvement of trading support procedures, development and implementation of required/agreed tools and associated runtime environments
- Interact with various internal IT support functions to troubleshoot and resolve complex problems as they happen
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Financial trade floor experience is a plus but not essential, training will be provided
What we're looking for
- Knowledge and/or a desire to develop of networked Application Systems to include exposure to database environment, Windows (2008, 2012).
- Knowledge of scripting (Python, PowerShell Windows Batch, Perl, SQL)
- Exposure to monitoring, automation and management tools such as, Nagios, Splunk, ELK Stack, Check_MK
- Excellent IT analytical/troubleshooting skills to include extensive experience tracing problems through analysing log files, following application/systems logic (e.g. routing paths)
- Experience of or working with and supporting a batch scheduling system an advantage
- Trading systems support an advantage
- Experience of VM Ware an advantage
- Experience in Citrix an advantage
- Experience with vendor systems
- Initiative – proven record of seeking continuous improvement and implementing best practice in technology environment
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Self-motivated and creative
- Strong communication (verbal and written) – ability to convey technically complex subjects in a clear and concise manner
- Attention to detail – thorough in work carried out
- Interpersonal – friendly and approachable
- Teamwork – working together to meet deadlines
- Excellent time management, organization and prioritization skills
- Flexibility – all members of the team participate in early morning and out of hours support schedules
- Desire to learn and improve skills and knowledge.
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.