As an Assistant Trader, you will learn the quantitative and game theoretical approach that SIG uses to make decisions in the financial markets. You will work closely with experienced traders both on the desk and in the classroom who share a passion for mathematics, problem-solving, and technology. The objective of the Assistant Trader program is to develop you into an autonomous decision-maker, capable of creating profitable trading strategies, assessing risk, and appropriately allocating firm capital.
As an Assistant Trader, you will spend 9-12 months in our US Head Office, undertaking a program that is run by one of SIG’s founders and three senior traders. You will be part of a trading desk during market hours, and you will continue learning in the classroom immediately after the trading day ends. You will learn about decision science, game theory, and capital markets in the classroom and in mock trading to reinforce what you are learning on the desk. Poker and other strategy games are also used to further develop decision making skills.
To learn more about what it's like to be an Assistant Trader at SIG, visit: A Day in the Life of an Assistant Trader
- Spend six months in Sydney, then spend 9 - 12 months in our US Head Office (with all of your living expenses taken care of!)
- Relaxed dress code: jeans and sneakers are the norm, shorts all summer long
- Food, beverages, and snacks available all day
- A gym with cardio, cross fit and strength machines
- Social events including a poker tournament, dinners, and sporting events
What we're looking for
- STEM or Actuarial Studies Bachelor’s degree
- WAM of 80 or above required
- Exceptional quantitative, logical reasoning, and analytical skills
- General computer skills required; computer programming skills a plus
- Demonstrated interest in strategic games and/or competitive activities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and competitive environment
We don’t post salary ranges externally so any salary estimate you see listed on a third party website was not provided by SIG and may not be accurate.
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.