As Windows Engineer you will join the existing Windows & VMWare team to provide Windows engineering and 2nd Level support to our trading environment. As part of the team you will contribute to a team responsible for architecting highly available environments, setting up standards and be the escalation point to resolve complex production incidents. Assessing new technologies in a Proof of Concept environment and documenting suitability of design for the SIG production environment will be expected as part of this Windows engineering role.
In this role you will
- Architect, implement, test and document different highly available solutions for our production environment
- Assess new features that can add value for the company in our lab
- Mentor our junior staff becoming a point of escalation when required
- Be responsible for Windows Configuration & Patch management
- Manage Core Infrastructure Lifecycle according to company policy
- Daily automation tasks e.g. Python and Powershell
- Apply our Change Management process when making the changes to our production environment
- Ensure our Enterprise monitoring of Core Infrastructure is reliable, relevant and effective
- Perform Root Cause Analysis of issues in Core Infrastructure
What we're looking for
- Graduate Degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
- In-depth knowledge of different versions of Windows Server (2008R2, 2012R2 and 2016)
- Expertise in Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy, DHCP,DFS and Failover Cluster
- Strong scripting skills (Powershell, Python, …)
- 3+ years’ relevant work experience with high availability production environments
- Microsoft Azure & Office 365 experience at design and operation level
- Experience in configuration and patch management tools (PDQ Inventory & Deploy, …)
- Basic virtualization experience at server and application level (VMWare, Citrix XenApp and PVS)
- Good understanding on networking, TCP/IP stack, firewalls…
- Understanding of integration of systems & storage platforms using traditional SAN, NAS or Object storage would be advantageous.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) – ability to convey technically complex subjects in a clear and concise manner.
- Initiative – proven record of seeking continuous improvement and implementing best practice in technology environment.
- Interpersonal – friendly and approachable.
- Time management, organization and prioritization.
- Attention to detail – thorough in work carried out.
- Teamwork – working together to meet deadlines.
- Self-starter – identify problems and propose solutions
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.