SIG's Equity Research Department is looking for talent that wants to be a part of a ranked research platform. In order to continue the success of delivering a differentiated research product, we are looking for an Equity Research Associate to provide research support for the Transportation sector in our New York office. The role will be mentored by a highly-ranked Sr. Analyst. Under the guidance of the Senior Analyst, the Research Associate will perform most of the major functions of a research analyst, including analysis of individual company financial statements, market research, product and competitive positioning.
The Equity Research Associate’s role calls for significant primary market research of the Transoportation industry. The ideal candidate will conduct data collection, statistical studies and interaction with management and trade associations. The Associate will perform financial and valuation analyses by generating financial models and forecasts and will create competitive profiles on specific companies. The job offers excellent exposure to emerging growth companies in the Industrials sector and provides a strong career path in Sell-Side Equity research, asset management, and business development/corporate strategy.
In this role, you will:
- Provide primary analytical support for the Senior Analyst covering the Transportation space
- Conduct proprietary research, customer / partner interviews and industry surveys
- Perform financial and valuation analysis by generating financial models / forecasts and competitive profiles on companies under coverage
- Gather and analyze data from a variety of sources, including, but not limited to, company documents and materials, SEC / regulatory filings (annual reports, 10-K’s 10-Q’s, etc.), industry publications, trade shows, and online data services
- Interact with company management, internal sales force, and institutional investors
- Monitor and evaluate company news and events
- Perform other related duties, as assigned
What we're looking for
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative area such as finance, economics, engineering or mathematics desired; CFA or MBA preferred
- 3 years of financial analysis experience in either the finance, accounting, or industrials sectors
- Series 7, 63, 86 and/or 87 a plus
- Excellent research, writing, communication, and organization skills; candidates must be very detail oriented
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word)
- Independent thinker and self-starter with the motivation to learn about and excel in a dynamic industry
We don’t post salary ranges externally so any salary estimate you see listed here was not provided by SIG and may not be accurate.
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.