Do you find yourself tinkering with new technologies, always wanting to learn more? What if your job allowed you to gain exposure to a broad range of the latest technologies? SIG’s Data Center team is responsible for managing our two onsite data centers, which span more than 12,000 square feet combined and consist of over 6000 multi-vendor devices. This team is responsible for ensuring our business critical systems are operating at high performance, while remaining stable. You will not be taking tickets and escalating them. You will own and troubleshoot issues that arise, and when escalation is required, you will partner with our engineering teams to quickly implement a solution.
Five reasons to join SIG’s Data Center team
- We’re not your “one size fits all” shop. This role offers exposure to a variety of hardware and software across our multi-vendor enterprise environment. No need to limit your experience. You will get to work across our Windows, Linux, network, security, and facilities systems.
- We like to mix it up. Your role will require a mixture of monitoring critical systems, building and deploying servers, troubleshooting issues, and implementing broad-based technical solutions.
- Four-day work weeks. Yep! You read that right. Our team has the critical task of ensuring our systems are operating at peak performance 24x7x365. They cover an 11 hour shift across four days per week, enjoying three days off every single week.
- As our infrastructure grows, so do you. We upgrade frequently, implementing top of the line equipment. This means you will gain hands on experience with the latest technologies, which will not only further your technical skills, but also allow for future growth into specialized teams.
- Your success is our success. We offer a three-month training rotation across all three shifts to help you learn the ropes. You will then be placed on a permanent shift where you will receive continued training from both your team members, shift leads, and partner engineering teams.
This is a 3rd shift (10:00pm-9:00am) position. Candidates must be willing to work this shift.
What we're looking for
- 2+ years of experience with any of the following operating systems and hardware (Solaris, Windows, and/or Linux)
- Ability to troubleshoot systems and applications in a timely manner required
- Understanding of critical IT facilities infrastructure and structured cabling
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or other technical discipline preferred
- Scripting experience preferred
- Familiarity with Oracle, SQL or other database technologies a plus
- Knowledge of financial markets, products and/or market data is a plus
We don’t post salary ranges externally so any salary estimate you see listed here was not provided by SIG and may not be accurate.
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.