Due to growth and natural expansion of our trading operation in Dublin, there is a requirement to recruit an additional BI/ETL developer to work in the data team. The team is responsible for developing applications in the trading risk, Operations and Middle office, and the exchange connectivity areas. It is also responsible for all the transactional and trading static data.
You will be part of the team responsible for supporting and extending the data extraction and distribution processes and workflows. This data is essential to the trading activities of the company and will require you to develop an extensive knowledge of financial instruments and financial transactions. An understanding of the complex data model and data extraction workflows will need to be acquired in order to effectively develop and support the data processing.
In the role you will be required to be dynamic, proactive and have a proven track record of working in a vibrant and challenging environment academically or commercially. You must be very comfortable working in an ORACLE 10/11g database environment and be experienced in using PL/SQL techniques and ETL tools like Informatica.
What we're looking for
- Strong SQL skills.
- 0-2 years experience in using business reporting tools like Qlikview,Tableau, Cognos, etc essential.
- Experience with relational databases such as SQL Server and Oracle.
- Experience developing in and supporting MS Access and Excel a plus.
- Experience working with end users to define requirements.
- Excellent analytical/troubleshooting skills.
- Experience working with financial applications a plus.
- Experience in data warehousing concepts a plus.
- Experience working with ETL tools like Informatica a plus.
- Work with users to define reporting requirements.
- Define the data extraction processes based on requirements defined.
- Develop the SQL and Qlikview data extraction scripts.
- Develop the reporting dashboards.
- Maintain the production data extraction schedule and Qlikview dashboard deployments.
- Interact with various internal IT support functions to troubleshoot and resolve complex problems as they happen.
- Degree or equivalent in Business, Engineering, or Computing.
- Initiative – proven record of seeking continuous improvement and implementing best practice
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Self-motivated and creative
- Strong communication (verbal and written) – ability to convey complex subjects in a clear and concise manner
- Attention to detail – thorough in work carried out
- Interpersonal – friendly and approachable
- Teamwork – working together to meet deadlines
- Excellent time management, organization and prioritization skills
- Desire to learn and improve skills and knowledge
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.