Susquehanna International Group (SIG) is a 30 year-old privately held trading firm located just outside of Philadelphia, PA. Building virtually all of our own trading technology from scratch, we are leaders and innovators in high performance trading.
SIG is seeking a Data Engineer to work with petabytes of historical market data on a cluster with thousands of cores. In this role, you will be working on a team responsible for managing the data pipeline in generating rich data sets used by Equity and Futures strategies. As part data engineer / part software engineer you are building tools that analyze large data sets which directly impact and optimize our trading behavior and results. This is a highly visible team that works with traders and quantitative research strategists to provide key information used in trading.
As a member of this team, you will:
- Work with historical tick-by-tick data for US Equities and Futures markets to create enriched data sets
- Optimize components across the data generation and data access pipeline
- Generate reference/derived data used by trading strategies
- Provide tools for data processing pipeline including dependency based scheduling and monitoring
SIG Engineers Are:
- Able to execute on ideas quickly
- Committed to innovation
- Focused on the entire technical stack with an eye for building a stable, scalable, optimized environment with minimized risk
- Passionate about technology and interested in exploring new technologies to find the optimal solutions
What we're looking for
- MS or PHD in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline or its foreign equivalent plus 5 years of progressive experience developing software and data systems, or advanced graduate work.
- Fluency in C++ and Python is preferred
- Experience with Linux platform and shell scripting
- Enthusiasm for working with data, especially large sets of data. Strong aesthetics for cleanliness and correctness in data
- Visa sponsorship is available for this position
Want to contact the recruiter directly?
We don’t post salary ranges externally so any salary estimate you see listed here was not provided by SIG and may not be accurate.
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.