SIG's Institutional Broker / Dealer business (“Susquehanna Financial Group”) is looking for a Research Salesperson to join our Equity Research Sales Team. SIG has an established and growing fundamental research product and diverse suite of investment services, providing our institutional clients with differentiated analysis and market intelligence. We are looking for someone with 1-2 years of research sales coverage experience or 2-5 years of financial markets experience, related “sales and trading” experience preferred. By working closely with our Senior Equity Sales Producers and supporting our national desk, you will have the opportunity to help in leveraging SIG’s research platform to institutional investors.
- Co-coverage of some of the firm’s largest clients, with keen focus on growing impact and broker votes.
- Taking a lead role in various projects with an aim of improving efficiencies and growing our national business.
- Support Sr. Producers in marketing SIG’s differentiated, fundamental and ranked equity research product through daily morning sales calls, research distribution and internal analyst meetings.
- Work with various internal groups, such as Research Analysts, Sales-Trading, Trading, Derivatives, Special Situations and Corporate Access to facilitate client requests.
- Assist in the development of SIG’s business prospects from current customers, referrals and networking
- Interact with company management and institutional investors
- Liaise with Senior Salespeople, Traders, Corporate Access and Research Analysts to help support the desk on regular client coverage.
- Form a detailed understanding of SIG’s institutional products from a generalist perspective.
- Become an industry expert on the distribution and consumption of our products and services.
- In short order, evolve from primarily providing support function, to a more dedicated role co-covering some of the firms most important client relationships.
Susquehanna Financial Group, LLLP (SFG) is the institutional broker-dealer member of SIG. Founded in 1987 with ~1,500 employees globally, SIG is one of the nation’s largest market makers and ETF liquidity providers, with significant daily trading flow (~80M equity shares, 11% of listed equity options on average and a leading trader in sector index options). Our approach combines bulge bracket resources with a boutique culture where Research, Sales, and Trading are integrated to provide value to the institutional investment process. Our sector verticals deliver a multi-discipline approach from research through trade execution. Our sales force delivers solutions that demonstrate a deep understanding of market and company fundamentals along with market filters such as volatility, credit, macro, and non-fundamental analysis.
What we're looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in area such as finance, economics, engineering or mathematics.
- 1-2 years direct or co-coverage experience or
- 2-5 years of professional experience, related “Sales & Trading” experience preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment, sitting on our NYC Trading Floor.
- Open to a demanding schedule with flexibility given our very fluid project and event roster.
- Excellent research, writing and organizational skills with a keen focus on attention to detail.
- Independent thinker and self-starter that is motivated and eager to excel in an evolving industry; consistently displays energy, drive and the desire to excel.
- Comfortable working both independently and in a team environment.
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.