An opportunity exists for a talented network engineer to join the Technology team in Dublin working as part of the Infrastructure Engineering team. You will contribute networking expertise as part of a multi-skilled team responsible for delivering technology solutions to extend, optimise and maintain our production trading and market data systems. We seek a proven track record of network architecture, design and implementation and the ability to work with other technology disciplines to deliver solutions.
This role will require you to be part of a formal support rota and it should be additionally noted that out of hours efforts will be required from time to time as part of delivering project responsibilities, specifically to implement changes that necessitate impact to production trading systems.
Responsibilities will include:
- Excellent prioritization skills to manage activities which range devising new network designs to implementing changes to the production network to troubleshooting outages to everything in between.
- Deliver high quality documentation such as design proposals, network diagrams, production deployment guides.
- Weigh in on the design and implementation of the trading network by participating in the discussions and debate that are essential to delivering good solutions that meet business requirements.
- Build close working relationships with other technology teams within SIG and with vendors and manufacturers of network kit.
- Oversee the delivery of comms lines and associated network changes tied to connectivity to remote network sites.
What we're looking for
The successful candidate should possess the following:
- 5+ years’ of experience in designing and supporting large enterprise or carrier networks
- Strong problem solving experience required.
- Strong automation and scripting knowledge
- Candidates must demonstrate solid understanding of foundation technology concepts and IP networking such as dynamic routing protocols, multicast, Ethernet, TCP/IP, WAN layer 2 protocols, packet switching architecture and theory.
- Must have prior hands on experience with network protocol analysis in IP environments using tools such as tcpdump and wireshark
- Extensive experience with the following protocols in designing and configuring networks: TCP/IP, OSPF, BGP, MSDP, PIM) protocols is required
- Experience working with major vendor firewalls and VPN Technology (Site-to-Site IPSec)
- Experience building network infrastructures in a fast paced & latency-sensitive environment, designing/maintaining exchange co-location environments is a plus.
- Ability to manage interruptions.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) – ability to convey technically complex subjects in a clear and concise manner.
- Initiative – proven record of seeking continuous improvement and implementing best practice in technology environment.
- Interpersonal – friendly and approachable.
- Time management, organization and prioritization.
- Attention to detail – thorough in work carried out.
- Teamwork – working together to meet deadlines.
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.