As part of our continued growth and expansion, we have a superb opportunity for an individual with a strong knowledge of risk and a keen interest in the financial markets to gain exposure within a true front office trading environment.
You will join the Risk Department which is responsible for the management of enterprise wide risk, including market risk, credit risk, operational risk, liquidity risk and regulatory risk reporting to external authorities. You will work very closely with the other members of the Risk Department and also with colleagues in other areas of the firm such as Front Office, Middle Office, Compliance, Finance and Technology.
All of these Departments are situated in the same building which provides for seamless communication in a fast paced environment. This role provides an excellent opportunity to understand the management of risk, the risk reporting obligations of trading firms and the valuation of a vast range of trading products.
- Daily regulatory capital calculations and follow up on any exceptions;
- Daily review and reporting of position disclosure requirements to European regulatory bodies;
- Daily Market Risk Reports and follow up;
- Daily Credit & Liquidity Risk Reports
- Concentration Risk Reports
- Review of Exception Reports
- On-going improvement of existing reports
- Follow-up / escalate in accordance with relevant procedures;
- Maintenance of high quality standardized procedures for the above;
- Assist in the validation of new reports;
- Liaise with other departments to verify the accuracy of position data and pricing information;
- Cross-training on other functions within the Risk Department where required.
What we're looking for
- 3rd level degree in a business or finance related discipline;
- Industry experience in the area of risk management;
- Strong technical skills. Knowledge of sql and python a distinct advantage;
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills; including effective troubleshooting in a fast paced, time critical environment
- Attention to detail and good organizational skills are essential;
- Self-motivated and ability to use own initiative;
- Knowledge of and an interest in financial markets;
- Strong communicator (verbal and written);
- Ability to work under pressure, multitask and prioritize
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.