Analyzing historical trade data, market data and system artifacts to support enterprise risk and compliance efforts where large data sets are the norm. Partnering directly with Quantitative Researchers, Compliance teams, and Trading desks to conduct analysis that drives the evolution and implementation of risk controls, drives project direction, and analyzes trading behavior. Utilizing tools like Python/Pandas, R and GGPlot to assemble and analyze data, crafting reports to educate the business and influence business decisions. Does this sound like you?
By joining our Technology Compliance team as a Sr. Data Analyst, you will gain deep and broad exposure to our expansive trading business. In this highly complex technical environment, you will leverage tools to enable you to detect patterns and anomalies in the data you work with, automating through code and utilizing data visualization techniques and tools to present your work. We’re looking for a forward thinker in this role, someone who strives to work through iterations in their work and is keen to leverage existing tools, and seek out new resources, that can directly support accurate and timely research and analysis.
Sample projects could include:
- Analyzing historical trade data to inform systemic risk controls & trade limits
- Evaluating historical data sources to inform project approaches
- Sourcing, cleansing and managing data to ensure trade systems are compliant in handling order and trade flow
- Examining data to support regulatory requests related to specific workflows or events
- Creating data visualizations to capture important features of large and complex data sets
What we're looking for
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a data analyst, data science, or business analyst role; previous experience working in a financial services / trading firm preferred
- Ability to process data using Python/Pandas required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline or its foreign equivalent
- Experience processing data using R a plus
- Experience working with bash scripting required; advanced knowledge of this language is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work with data visualization tools, such as GGPlot, LaTeX or RMarkdown, required
- Strong presentation skills required
- Prior experience working with large data sets is a strong plus
- Strong SQL skills is a plus
- Knowledge of version control platforms such as Perforce/Git a plus
- Experience with HDF5 a plus
We don’t post salary ranges externally so any salary estimate you see listed here was not provided by SIG and may not be accurate.
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.