As Trading Application Support Engineer you will join the existing Trading Application Support team and provide technical and administrative support for all trading, operational and support systems in the Dublin office.
This is a very demanding and highly technical role which requires the successful candidate to display strong technical systems and application knowledge in making critical support decisions while working under pressure. The role will also requires you to manage complex project work for new or existing support systems, monitoring systems, support tools and/or deployment of new software trading systems.
In this role, you will:
- Systems and Application Support - working closely with the software development teams and trading desks to provide essential primary support for all trading, operational and market data systems
- Systems and Application Maintenance – managing the deployment process to ensure successful deployment of new system/software and upgrades for all trading and operational systems
- System Monitoring – monitoring of trading systems and alerts through existing monitoring systems, constant re-evaluation of current systems to establish scope for improvement/growth, development of required tools and/or implementation of agreed 3rd party systems to ensure 100% uptime in our trading environment during exchange open hours
- Batch Environment – maintenance through monitoring and development of our batch scheduler to ensure successful completion of batch jobs required for trading – includes batch jobs run during core trading hours and batch jobs run out-of-trading hours
- Continuous evaluation and improvement of trading support procedures, development and implementation of required/agreed tools and associated runtime environments
- Interact with various internal IT support functions to troubleshoot and resolve complex problems as they happen
What we're looking for
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge and/or a desire to develop of networked Application Systems to include exposure to database environment, Windows (2008, 2012) and Unix servers
- Excellent IT analytical/troubleshooting skills to include extensive experience tracing problems through analysing log files, following application/systems logic (e.g. routing paths)
- Experience of or working with and supporting a batch scheduling system an advantage
- Knowledge of scripting (e.g. Windows Batch, Powershell, Python)
- UNIX power user skills (able to navigate around the system, core admin utilities) would be an advantage
- Trading systems support an advantage
- Experience of Check_mk an advantage
- Experience in Splunk an advantage
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Financial trade floor experience is a plus but not essential, training will be provided
- Initiative – proven record of seeking continuous improvement and implementing best practice in technology environment
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Self-motivated and creative
- Strong communication (verbal and written) – ability to convey technically complex subjects in a clear and concise manner
- Attention to detail – thorough in work carried out
- Interpersonal – friendly and approachable
- Teamwork – working together to meet deadlines
- Excellent time management, organization and prioritization skills
- Flexibility – all members of the team participate in early morning and out of hours support schedules
- Desire to learn and improve skills and knowledge.
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.