As Tactical Support Engineer you will join the Tactical Support team to work directly with the trading and operations to provide dedicated support as per requirements driven by the trading desks and supported technology teams.
This is a very demanding and highly technical role which requires the successful candidate to display strong technical skills in Access, Excel, VBA, Python, C# and SQL along with a clear and demonstrated ability to take a problem from its inception right through to its final resolution. The role will also require the successful candidate to manage complex project work for new or existing applications, monitoring systems and/or support tools.
You will also work closely with Technology teams in Dublin and Bala as well as the trading desks and associated operations teams. All members of the team participate in early morning and late evening support schedules.
- Tactical application support - working closely with the trading desks, operations teams and development teams to provide essential primary support for all tactical (trading), operational and reporting applications.
- Development of new tactical applications as dictated by trading (desk) and operational driven requirements – primarily in the area of pricing, operational and reporting sheets, VBA, Access, Python and SQL.
- Development and support of tools for the wider technology support and infrastructure teams as requested.
- Trouble shooting of any/all issues that arise in relation to tactical applications, RV (Rendezvous) messaging, Excel, Access, VBA, Python.
- Continuous evaluation and improvement of tactical support procedures, development and implementation of required/agreed tools and associated runtime environments
- Interact with various internal IT support functions to troubleshoot and resolve complex problems as they happen
- Liaising with technology teams in Bala and/or external vendors as required
What we're looking for
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years providing 2ndlevel Production Support in a complex systems environment providing support for a wide range of different complex applications.
- Financial trade floor experience is a plus but not essential, training will be provided
- Knowledge of Python, C# and SQL as well as Access, Excel, VBA
- Excellent IT analytical/troubleshooting skills to include extensive experience tracing problems through analysing log files, following application/systems logic (e.g. routing paths)
- Knowledge of scripting (e.g. Powershell, VBscript, Python)
Exposure to the following would also be beneficial
- Oracle databases
- Tibco RV
- Experience with complex and structured software deployments
- Trading systems support an advantage
- Initiative – proven record of seeking continuous improvement and implementing best practice in technology environment
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Self-motivated and creative
- Strong communication (verbal and written) – ability to convey technically complex subjects in a clear and concise manner
- Attention to detail – thorough in work carried out
- Interpersonal – friendly and approachable
- Teamwork – working together to meet deadlines
- Excellent time management, organization and prioritization skills
- Flexibility - All team members work on a wide range of technical tasks
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.