You will join the team to work directly with the traders and operations desks to provide dedicated support as per requirements driven by the trading desks.
This is a very demanding and highly technical role which requires strong, well rounded skills in Python with expertise in SQL being a strong advantage - experience in MS Access, Excel, VBA and Powershell being desirable.
A clear and demonstrated ability to take a problem from its inception right through to its final resolution is critical. The role will also require you to manage complex project work on new and existing applications, monitoring systems and our support tools.
What you’ll be part of:
- Development of new tactical applications as required by trading (desk) and operational driven requirements – primarily in the area of pricing, operational and reporting python applications.
- Tactical application support - working closely with the trading desks, operations teams and development teams to provide essential primary support for all tactical (trading), operational and reporting applications.
- Trouble shooting of any/all issues that arise in relation to tactical Python applications.
- Continuous evaluation and improvement of procedures, development and implementation of required/agreed tools and associated runtime environments
- Interact with various internal IT support functions to troubleshoot and resolve complex problems as they happen
What we're looking for
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years providing Production Support in a complex systems environment providing support for a wide range of different complex applications.
- Minimum of 2 years working with python.
- Financial trade floor experience is a plus but not essential, training will be provided
- Scripting experience is essential and experience with Anaconda and creating packages for distribution is a strong advantage.
- Knowledge of SQL is highly beneficial and knowledge of MS Access, Excel, VBA and Powershell is desirable.
- Excellent IT analytical/troubleshooting skills to include extensive experience tracing problems through analysing log files, following application/systems logic (e.g. routing paths)
- Experience with complex and structured software deployments
- Trading systems support an advantage
- Experience in Citrix an advantage
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Susquehanna.
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.