The TA Program
The Technology Associate (TA) Program provides you with the opportunity to sharpen your technical skills, learn about the trading industry, and understand the fundamentals of risk-based decision making. The core components of our nine-month development program include a visit to our global head office in Philadelphia where you will learn about both SIG business and technology.
You’ll work with experienced engineers on the development, delivery, support and enhancements of our trading systems and infrastructure. While the programme is educational, you’ll be responsible for delivering results with plenty of support and mentoring from your team.
During the program, you will also:
- Attend classes and informal discussions to learn about both SIG’s business and technology
- Have a weekly check-in with the other TAs to share experiences and ask questions
- Meet up with former TAs who will mentor you throughout the program and share their knowledge
- Learn more about life at SIG through social events.
In our European headquarters in Dublin (IFSC) your TA class will participate in a group project that will give you the opportunity to build a trading system from end to end. While the project is managed by senior technologists, your TA class will be responsible for requirements gathering, coding, iterating, testing and delivering the final product. You will have an opportunity to see how we run projects, how crucial communication is to success at SIG, and to gain a “big picture” exposure to our trading systems.
The education associated with our TA Program aims to familiarize you with our technology environment, our business, current industry topics pertaining to technology, and how we apply decision science at SIG. If you want to engage in business critical roles from day one and step on the path to becoming a versatile problem solver, we encourage you to apply.
What we're looking for
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a similar major
- Strong software development skills in any object oriented language.
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to identify a problem, evaluate it, and suggest solutions.
- Ability to collaborate with a team while having the confidence to work independently
- Flexible and driven with a commitment to innovation
- Ability and desire to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Our Advice to TAs:
- Be curious
- Know what you know…and what you don’t know
- Speak up
- Be accountable for your work
- Explore forward
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.