The role is a hands-on technical position where you will be responsible for preparing, executing, documenting and maintaining a set of tests cases across a range of applications: testing both new functionality and regression testing. These would include both manually executed and automated tests. You will fully embedded with the development team and part of an ever quickening cycle of development-test-release.
- You will be specifically responsible for maintaining a lab environment for regression testing of software and hardware prior to production deployment.
- You will be involved in designing ways to test our systems in response to new features, changing architectures and regulatory requirements.
- You will work directly with software engineers, traders and production support teams to follow through on all required testing and / or bug fixes and ensure all issues are resolved prior to production rollouts.
As a Test Engineer at SIG you will be:
A proactive team player with a proven track record, comfortable working with scripting languages in a Windows environment. Proven experience of writing test plans and designing complex test cases along with proven analysis and problem-solving skills is essential.
- Preparing, performing and documenting pre-release tests in a CI, laboratory or simulation setup mimicking a production environment;
- Preparing test plans and documenting the test results across software releases;
- Developing and integrating automated test scripts for new and existing functionality;
- Following bug/defect reports through their lifecycle, i.e. from creation to production deployment.
- Curating and extending continuous integration testing as part of the release chain.
What we're looking for
- BSc. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years’ experience of hands-on software systems testing.
- Testing experience should include the following: Test planning, Manual and automated test execution, System testing, Integration testing, Regression testing, Performance testing, Load and Stability testing and Bug management.
- Proven ability to understand and articulate highly complex systems quickly.
- Experience with a scripting language such as Python and PowerShell is a requirement.
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Delivery systems (TeamCity or similar) is a requirement.
- Experience with C# coding is highly desirable.
- Experience setting up and maintaining a lab, testing hardware and networking knowledge is a significant advantage.
- Experience in testing financial applications, particularly front-office trading systems is an advantage.
- Experience with GUI automation frameworks is an advantage.
We don’t post salary ranges externally so any salary estimate you see listed here was not provided by SIG and may not be accurate.
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.