By joining our team as an accountant, you will be exposed to the energetic and fast paced financial services industry with a firm renowned for its product knowledge and expertise. You will have end to end responsibility for the business entities to which you’re assigned, gathering all of the information necessary to prepare and manage their financials and associated financial reporting. This will give you the opportunity to gain an understanding of the business strategies and financial products that drive your companies as well as the types of inter-company transactions that occur between them. You will also collaborate our home office financial and tax accounting teams frequently as new accounting pronouncements are made public, as the firm enters into new business areas, or on an as needed basis.
Occasional travel to our headquarters will be required and will facilitate your ongoing communications and information gathering processes.
In this role, you will:
- Prepare & reconcile monthly journal entries, general ledgers and financial statements
- Reconcile daily P&L to the General Ledger; collaborate with colleagues in financial operations to obtain data and explain variances; report variances to management on a monthly basis
- Develop consolidated financial reporting projections, tax projections and various internal valuations
- Interface with external auditors as well as home office financial and tax accountants as needed
- Analyze information/correspondence from the home office accounting department
- Manage the financial regulatory and internal audits for these business areas
- Partner closely with our tax team to provide them with related tax filing support
What we're looking for
- Minimum of 2-4 years of accounting experience, including preparation of financial statements, required; experience with a public accounting firm preferred
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Business required; CPA preferred
- Experience utilizing Great Plains preferred
- Financial Statement Consolidations, loan entries and depreciation experience a plus
We don’t post salary ranges externally so any salary estimate you see listed here was not provided by SIG and may not be accurate.
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.