SIG is seeking a .NET developer to join the Fixed Income development team. As a member of this team, you will work on the trading desk and will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining a suite of front and back end applications used by traders, operations, accounting and compliance teams for managing bonds, swaps and other fixed income financial products in the prop and brokerage space. This is a great opportunity to work closely with and gain in-depth knowledge of SIG's fixed income trading business.
In this role, you will:
- Design, develop and support service-oriented applications including Winform applications, web applications and web services used primarily by trading and operations desks.
- Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle including requirements gathering from users (traders, operations, accounting).
- Identify ways to provide better support to users and automate tasks to improve business workflows.
What we're looking for
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline or its foreign equivalent. Relevant technical experience may substitute for education.
- At least two years of progressive experience developing software applications. Recent hands-on experience with object-oriented programming is required, preferably C#.
- Knowledge of Winforms and ASP.NET is a plus.
- Strong relational database knowledge is required, preferably with Oracle and/or SQL server.
- Strong verbal communication skills with an ability to deal with technical and business staff while working on a trading desk is required.
- Eagerness to learn about the business as well as technology.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure in a fast-paced team environment is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well both independently and in a team environment are necessary.
- Willingness and ability to work in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle.
We don’t post salary ranges externally so any salary estimate you see listed here was not provided by SIG and may not be accurate. We think it’s important to take your skills and experience into account when determining compensation.
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.