An opportunity exists for a talented Data Centre Operations (DC OPs) engineer to join the Technology team in Dublin working as part of the DC Ops Infrastructure team. The role will be based in London and you will work out of our London Office located in Old Broad Street.
You will work as part of a multi-skilled team responsible for the day to day running of our Colocation (Colo) sites in London. You will also be required to travel to our Dublin office on a regular basis to build you knowledge of the SIG infrastructure and requirements for our Colo builds. You will also work directly with infrastructure, support and software engineers, technology managers, traders and business domain experts in an informal, fast-paced environment to help drive large infrastructure and technology projects that directly impact our core trading businesses.
What we're looking for
- Technical Degree or equivalent experience
- Ideally some experience working within a high availability & high security Data Centre environments in London
- Experience following and implementing large scale technical infrastructure rollouts within a Data Centre and Colocation environments
- Data Centre, Network and Server installation and support in troubleshooting and break-fix experience
- Previous experience following and maintaining Data Centre industry best practices
- Cable management to an extremely high standard
- Attention to detail
- Data Centre documentation and asset tracking
- Dell, HP or equivalent server hardware experience
- Arista, Cisco or equivalent network hardware experience
- Knowledge of power distribution systems
- Some knowledge of hardware monitoring systems would be advantageous
- Ability to plan and complete tasks with minimal direction
- Ability to work at heights and lift server & network hardware regularly
- Familiarity with Linux to advanced user or basic administrator level
- Familiarity with Windows Server 2008/2012 to advanced user or basic administrator level
- Ability to perform basic port configuration on switches
- This role is based in London but you will be expected to travel to our European headquarters based in Dublin City regularly to build you knowledge on SIG’s processes and procedures, become familiar with the technology and Lab infrastructure, build relations with the teams you will work with as building relations with the DCOPS team you will work with on a daily basis.
In this role:
As a DC OPs Engineer, you will install, configure, test, troubleshoot and maintain hardware such as servers, switches, PDUs’, etc. You will participate in or lead small project teams on larger installations. You must be flexible on hours. In addition to supporting our colo sites in London you may be occasionally expected to visit one or more of our European Colo to support our team in Scheduled deployments or upgrades. You will plan your Colo trips in advance, liaising with the various team members and stake holders to ensure required equipment has been delivered to site with the appropriate accessories, that configuration details have been gathered and documented, documentation up to date, required support resources are notified and available to support evening changes.
- Working with the DCOPS team, your main focus will be on the day to day operations and maintenance of our London Colo sites.
- When not at Colo sites you will support the Dublin Colo team from the London Office and plan and prepare for the next Colo visit, resolving issues, closing out on JIRAs’ and supporting planned maintenance as well as MACs.
- You will follow DC Ops installation processes and procedures to ensure that all Racking & Cable of hardware within cabinets is completed to a high standard.
- Respond to all Colo related issues and perform regular scheduled out of hour’s maintenance window activities.
- Receipt, tracking and deployment of server and network hardware. Documentation of Colo infrastructure.
- Follow and implement processes and procedures that improve stability, performance and availability.
- Ensure that established policies and procedures are followed. Proactively address risk, growth/capacity, optimize capabilities and support the product roadmaps and business plans.
- Implement Colo and infrastructure solutions that address growth, risks and scale in support of Workday’s business plans.
- As a DC Ops team member you will be responsible for ensuring projects and plans are delivered to agreed scope, milestones and budgets.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively across all departments within SIG.
- Some travel to European Data Centre locations to aid in capacity expansion projects.
- The DC OPs Engineer will help grow SIG’s foot print and Data Centre presence in Europe. You will help implement fit out and management of new data Centre infrastructures as well as make improvements and upgrades to the current environment.
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.