Susquehanna International Group (SIG) is a 30 year-old privately held trading firm located just outside of Philadelphia, PA. Building virtually all of our own trading technology from scratch, we are leaders and innovators in high performance trading.
The Research Computing team at SIG is responsible for providing system architecture and runtime support for high performance computing solutions to support SIG’s quantitative research efforts. By working in coordination with all technology infrastructure teams our work spans all phases of planning, acquisition, development, and productionization of SIG’s HPC platforms and continues on to the maintenance, operation, benchmarking, tuning, and troubleshooting of these platforms. HPC platforms consist of linux and windows based compute nodes, high performance parallel file systems and object storage, infiniband and ethernet networks, and a software stack to manage fair resource distribution.
In this role, you will:
- Leverage your development skills to build automation and configuration management tools for our research clusters
- Develop benchmarks to identify and isolate and system bottlenecks
- Engage in performance tuning and optimization of software and hardware stack
- Research feasibility and cost benefit of solutions to existing bottlenecks
- Work closely with quants and system administrators from all technology teams
What we're looking for
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
- Demonstrated proficiency in an object oriented development language (C++, C#, Java) and proficiency with Windows or Linux is required
- Must demonstrate a love of learning, intellectual and technical curiosity, want to find out how things work and why complex systems break.
- Experience in a scripting language such as python or perl is required
- Familiarity with distributed systems, grid or cloud computing, OpenStack, or Lustre is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to: learn quickly, communicate clearly, and solve business and technical problems is required
- Working knowledge of networking concepts and practices
- Working knowledge of storage hardware, concepts, and protocols
- Candidate must process strong teamwork and communication skills
Want to contact the recruiter directly?
We don’t post salary ranges externally so any salary estimate you see listed here was not provided by SIG and may not be accurate.
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.