Susquehanna International Group, LLP (SIG) is currently searching for a Power Analyst to help strengthen our trading expertise in the North American power markets. This position will partner directly with our Energy desk to provide fundamental market analysis. The successful candidate will be a demonstrated problem solver capable of working with large data sets and analytical softwares to arrive at relevant commercial solutions.
The candidate will perform fundamental analyses of electric power market data and run simulation models to generate trade ideas for Financial Transmission Rights (FTR) and term power markets.
What we're looking for
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or a related field
- 1-2 yrs Experience with the physical modeling and thermal analysis of large-scale electric power systems, including power flow solution algorithms and techniques (preferably using PSS/e, Power World or PSLF)
- Experience with the economic modeling of large scale power systems, including unit commitment, economic dispatch and optimal power flow, using programs such as Dayzer, UPLAN, GridView, Plexos, PROMOD, or MAPS
- Working knowledge of ISO/RTO market operations, including Locational Marginal Pricing (LMP) algorithms, Day Ahead and Real Time energy markets, congestion management programs and hedging (FTR, CRR, TCR, TCC) markets, as well as virtual/convergence bidding
- Detailed understanding and working knowledge of some or all of the PJM, MISO, NEPOOL, CAISO, ERCOT, IESO electricity grids is a plus
- Strong database, spreadsheet and programming skills
- Familiarity with North American natural gas and coal markets
- Ability to communicate effectively with multi-disciplinary teams and present ideas and data in a clear, concise manner
We don’t post salary ranges externally so any salary estimate you see listed here was not provided by SIG and may not be accurate.
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.