SIG is hiring a Data Operations Specialist onto our Instruments team. This group is responsible for the capture and distribution of information around all financial instruments that we trade across the entire organization.
In this high visibility role, you will ensure that these millions of records of metadata are accurate and ready for each trading day. You will be responsible for looking ahead to any newsworthy events impacting the market and communicating their effect on our systems to the firm. This is an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of automation, where you will use your SQL and scripting skills to drive improvement and implement changes to our existing processes.
In this role you will:
- Utilize our monitoring and latency analysis tools to help manage our environment, and escalate issues so they are visible to the rest of the team
- Resolve any discrepancies that arise by interacting with traders, technologists, project managers and other support analysts to address questions about how data is represented in our databases
- Evaluate and test new technologies, which may lead to the implementation and deployment of new market data systems
- Continually review practices and processes, in order to strive for efficiencies, drive for automation, and improving data accuracy
This role requires the ability to work a shift of Monday - Friday, 5:00am - 2:00pm (EST)
What we're looking for
- Ability to primarily work a 5:00AM to 2:00PM (EST) schedule, with occasional need to cover after hours/weekend on-call support
- Excellent issue identification, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Must be diligent and meticulous with strong attention to detail
- Desire and ability to continuously improve established processes and procedures
- An understanding of fundamental technology concepts, including Kanban processes, SQL, Unix/Linux, and/or Python a plus
We don’t post salary ranges externally so any salary estimate you see listed here was not provided by SIG and may not be accurate. We think it’s important to take your skills and experience into account when determining compensation.
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.