Susquehanna Structured Capital (SSC) makes debt and structured equity investments in lower-middle market commercial real estate. Our team is growing, and we are adding a Sr. Associate/Asset Manager to our group. In this role, you will assist in the underwriting and due diligence required to close transactions and subsequently monitor the performance and valuation of the underlying assets.
As a member of this team, you will:
- Evaluate potential real estate investments, which includes detailed analyses of a property's (1) historical and projected operating statements; (2) construction/capital expenditure budget; (3) tenants and in-place leases; (4) market and competitive position; (5) third-party reports including appraisals, engineering, and environmental; (6) taxes and insurance, and other pertinent property and market factors
- Undertake sponsor-related due diligence including analyzing relevant experience and performing background checks and personal financial statement analysis for compilation into an investment memorandum prior to closing
- Active monitoring of the investments, including underwriting sponsor requests for construction/reserve draws, analysis of monthly operating statements and market conditions, site inspections, and overall assessment of performance versus budget/projections
- Reviewing relevant senior and SIG financial covenants
- Maintain all documentation and initial/ongoing due diligence in the internal asset management system
- Provide monthly summary and quarterly detailed reviews and underlying asset valuations as well as portfolio level reporting with intent to provide accessible, consistent, and comprehensive portfolio monitoring
- Identify and remedy perceived risks, track portfolio performance, and guide strategic investment decisions
What we're looking for
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 4 years of experience in multi-family/commercial real estate debt or investment at a bank, investment bank, private equity firm, or real estate operating company
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Solid experience and understanding with financial modeling and building/manipulating complex spreadsheets
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Outgoing personality and a team player who is willing to proactively market SSC
We don’t post salary ranges externally so any salary estimate you see listed here was not provided by SIG and may not be accurate.
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.