Nellie Analytics, Inc. – a recently founded affiliate of SIG – is focused on geo-political and sports analytics. This is an opportunity to be part of an early stage initiative and be an influencer to help shape product development.
What you’ll be part of
As a Software developer at Nellie, you will be joining our Development team at a very early stage to help design, code and maintain our analysis and trading platform. Tasks will include:
- Working closely with quants and other developers to determine application requirements
- Designing and coding software across the full set of applications required to integrate reference file and streaming data feeds from multiple vendors, deliver data to distributed model evaluators and provide interactive presentation for business users
- Collaborating in the design and development of data recording and price evaluation tools.
What we're looking for
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience of distributed message based systems and server side software development with proven product delivery success
Proven product delivery success ideally in with C# or Python and/or pandas and numpy but if not the aptitude and eagerness to migrate across to either.
- Full software development life cycle experience (Build, Test, Deploy etc.) and experience with Agile development methodologies
- Willing to learn new technologies and to propose novel technical solutions
- The ability to self-manage, self-motivate, and seek process improvement opportunities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills for interacting with quantitative researchers, and other engineers
- Good attention to detail, self-motivation and ability to react to changing priorities
- Willing to participate and provide assistance in the deployment and maintenance of our production software
It would be really great if you also know about:
Experience and/or interest in Trading and its key concepts and requirements as applied to systems development
- Knowledge of sports trading markets
- Web services and development frameworks (e.g. ReactJS)
- C#, Python or any OO language.
- Experience of distributed message based systems and server-side software development with proven product delivery success
- Experience with version control (Git), build servers and automated testing
- Experience using DBs (Oracle, MS Access or MySQL) and SQL
We don’t post salary ranges externally so any salary estimate you see listed here was not provided by SIG and may not be accurate.
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.