Due to our continued growth and expansion we have a superb opportunity for an individual with a keen interest in the financial markets to gain exposure within a true front office trading environment.
You will be joining an expanding team focusing on a 6 month fixed term contract supporting the ETF Desk. Working closely with Sales and Traders in a middle office environment. The individual will be required to build an excellent knowledge of the vast range of products traded by SIG and also the workings of all international markets in which we operate.
As part of the ETF Client Servicing team, which operates in a flexible and entrepreneurial environment, you will participate in various projects that include process evaluation and project planning.
What you'll be part of:
- Maintain and support operational Client facing activities related to ETF trading activity
- Provide direct support to Clients and Sales Traders as needed
- Analyse and manage the operational trade flow with focus on trading and operational efficiencies.
- Leverage tools such as Excel, VBA, and/or SQL to improve STP capabilities and increase the speed with which variances are resolved
- Coordinate with technology team members to drive, test and facilitate automation opportunities and/or process improvements on the desk
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues as they arise throughout the trade lifecycle
- Support new customer set-up and integration into our trade reporting system
- Liase with internal teams including Technology to enhance processes
- Analyse Settlement risk with particular focus on buy in markets.
- Liaise with Prime Brokers, Execution Brokers, ETF providers and exchanges.
- Ensuring prompt and efficient settlement of all OTC and Exchange Trades
- Proactively communicate with Sales, Traders and other relevant parties to quickly and efficiently manage critical trades which may result in buy in or exchange fines
What we're looking for
- 3rd level degree, preferably in a business or finance related discipline
- Experience in a Trade Support, Settlements, Client Servicing or similar required. Previous exposure to ETF, International Equities trading an advantage.
- Strong client focus, effective communication (verbal and written), and excellent organizational skills are essential
- Demonstrated experience with Excel required. Experience with VBA, Access or SQL preferred
- Ambitious and self-motivated, with ability to use own initiative.
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills; including effective troubleshooting in a fast paced, time critical environment
- Knowledge of and an interest in financial markets
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task
- Experience with European Settlements an advantage
We don’t post salary ranges externally so any salary estimate you see listed here was not provided by SIG and may not be accurate.
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.