Reporting to the Chief Risk Officer, the Senior Risk Analyst will take a lead role in reviewing and enhancing the existing Enterprise Risk Management Framework with a focus on Market Risk as well as meeting the day to day risk monitoring and reporting requirements of the firm. You will build an excellent knowledge of both the wide range of products traded by SIG and the international markets in which we operate. Working very closely with other control functions and business areas. This is a superb opportunity for an individual with a keen interest in the financial markets to gain exposure within a true trading environment.
- Reviewing and enhancing the existing Enterprise and Market Risk Framework;
- Daily distribution of the output of SIS’ risk metrics to relevant employees and Senior Management;
- Monthly reporting of the market risk profile of the firm for review by senior management;
- Monitoring of limits;
- Daily regulatory capital calculations and follow up on any exceptions;
- Review and reporting of the existing stress test figures and design of new stress tests;
- Validation of new reports and liaising with quantitative research analysts where necessary;
- Liaise with Trading and Operations to verify accuracy of position data, pricing information and P&L figures;
- Follow-up / escalate in accordance with relevant procedures;
- Reviewing and updating existing procedures.
What we're looking for
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role;
- 3rd level degree, preferably in a finance or a quantitative discipline;
- Professional designation such as CFA, FRM, PRM a distinct advantage;
- Good technical skills particularly in SQL and/or Python an advantage;
- Numerate and analytical;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Strong knowledge of financial instruments;
- Knowledge of financial markets;
- Effective problem solving skills;
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel and Access;
- Strong communicator (verbal and written).
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
We don’t post salary ranges externally so any salary estimate you see listed here was not provided by SIG and may not be accurate.
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.