Our Development Tools and Components team is responsible for developing and supporting our enterprise wide software development lifecycle (SDLC) tools as well as managing various toolchains that underlay our trading applications. This is a small team that is working with some newer technologies such as Docker, Git, Kubernetes, AWX, Ansible, Artifactory, TeamCity, Jenkins, Octopus Deploy, Perforce, and other open source tools. Currently, we are looking for a Software Build Engineer to join us.
As a member of this team, you’ll be responsible for creating, deploying and supporting systems which automate software builds, tests, and deployments. You’ll assist in improving, automating and monitoring our existing tool sets. Additionally, you will work with a broad set of technologies as you assist our development and infrastructure teams in implementing and optimizing their technical workflows and deliverables. This is a great next step for anyone with systems or developer support experience or an experienced professional looking to make an impact on how we can speed and scale our software deployments leveraging modern technologies.
In this role, you will:
- Automate, maintain, and drive innovation around our CI/CD infrastructure
- Support and maintain our version control systems.
- Manage toolchains for c++ and python, and support package management tools within our environment
- Assist developers across the firm in a wide variety requests
- Maintain developer collaboration tools such as our issue tracking system, code review tools, and QA suites
- Automate the maintenance of systems to ensure regular upgrades to keep up with the latest features and security patches
- Create, support and maintain shared development environment infrastructure
- Research and document common tooling usage patterns.
What we're looking for
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline or its foreign equivalent plus 3 years of progressive experience in software development, distributed systems development, systems administration, or operations
- Experience in Linux or Windows systems administration; work in a medium to large-enterprise server environment is a plus
- Basic understanding of operating system fundamentals
- Scripting experience (PowerShell, Bash or Python for example)
- Server deployment tools experience is desirable
We don’t post salary ranges externally so any salary estimate you see listed here was not provided by SIG and may not be accurate.
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.