SIG’s Quantitative Research Internship offers you the opportunity to see the impact of your research directly while working right on one of our trading floors. With our team of quants, traders, and developers, you’ll explore the application of probability, statistics, stochastic modeling, and numerical analysis to real-world problems in the financial markets.
During the 10-week summer internship at our headquarters, you will gain exposure to real projects and research in proprietary trading as you collaborate with a Quantitative Research mentor. Our quant team consists of PhD-level researchers who are dedicated to the data-driven development and improvement of trading strategies at SIG. You will also participate in an educational program that offers insight into the world of finance while strengthening your quantitative skills. Included in the program are lectures on the industry and small group sessions with our tenured researchers, focusing on the mathematical puzzles we work on solving every day.
What we're looking for
- Students in pursuit of a doctoral degree in Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Electrical Engineering, or another quantitatively driven field of study
- Solid, analytical problem-solving skills
- Strong, practical computing skills; a specific language proficiency is less important than your ability to get computers to accomplish tasks efficiently and reliably
- Experience working on in-depth research projects
- Finance experience is a plus, but not required
We don’t post salary ranges externally so any salary estimate you see listed on a third party website was not provided by SIG and may not be accurate.
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.