As an intern on our tax team, you will have an opportunity work on projects to help ensure that SIG is able to effectively maximize after-tax profit for our trading activity. You will work on projects that give you exposure to multiple departments (such as trading, operations and technology) as well as multiple systems (both third party platforms and those internally developed) to ensure that proper documentation is obtained and accurate reporting is performed. You will also have the unique opportunity to learn about current tax rules and how they impact various aspects of the business.
You will also be introduced to SIG’s formal education and unique culture. Members of SIG’s Education team will cover key theoretical subjects through interactive classroom sessions offered either during the workday. Topics include technical training in VBA, operations & trading desk overviews as well as probability and expectation. Interns have the opportunity to network with coworkers across the firm as well as build strong relationships with recently graduated mentors.
What we're looking for
- Pursuing a degree in Accounting, Finance or a related major
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Access
- Prior co-op/internship/project experience in tax or accounting, a plus
- Ability to collaborate with a team while having the confidence to work independently
- Ability and desire to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Will not require sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future
- Intention to graduate with a bachelor’s or master’s degree within one year of the internship program
We don’t post salary ranges externally so any salary estimate you see listed on a third party website was not provided by SIG and may not be accurate.
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.