Susquehanna Financial Group, LLLP (SFG) delivers grass roots independent research coverage on a universe of roughly 250 stocks across five different industry verticals. We combine that with an understanding of the listed options and ETF markets to provide a more comprehensive view of the markets. We service the US institutional account base comprised of mutual funds, hedge funds and pension/endowment funds, by impacting their investment process and helping them perform in the marketplace. Our Equity Research Sales team markets SIG’s fundamental research product, providing our institutional clients with differentiated analysis and market intelligence.
As an Associate in the SFG’s Research Sales Development Program, you will have rotations within various aspects of the business to prepare you for your full time placement within Research Sales. Your first year will consist of two six-month rotations within Equity Research within sectors that may include Financials, Consumer, Energy/Industrials, and Technology. The rotations are designed to provide insight into the how the Equity Research product is created and the different methodologies used to analyze publically listed companies. The second year of the program will include rotations within Special Situations, Cash Trading, Derivative Sales and Derivative Strategy where you will learn how we interpret market volatility and its impact to our clients. You will spend the final year of the program embedded in the Research Sales team learning how the research product is delivered into the marketplace. We believe that these rotations will better prepare you to be a successful salesperson.
At SIG, we place a high value on education and development, especially for recent graduates. In addition to your rotations, the program includes formal education that will expose you to financial modeling, options theory and the decision-making strategies that our traders employ. You will gain expertise in financial analysis and derivatives strategy that will allow you to effectively communicate SIG’s product to our institutional clients. Associates will also earn the Series 7 and 63 licenses and be encouraged to begin the CFA program.
Specific Job Duties Include:
- Assist in the preparation of research reports and provide in-depth analysis of companies from public and non-public sources arriving at an investible conclusion
- Assist coverage team in creating financial models, studying academic opinions, and seeking other objective sources of information to either confirm or deny the team’s existing investment conclusion
- Assist team in preparing differentiated research reports and provide timely updates for the firm's sales force and institutional client base
- Dial into to company-hosted conference calls to listen for trends and important news
- Assist in marketing SIG’s differentiated, fundamental equity research product from a generalist sales perspective through daily morning sales calls, internal analyst meetings and event marketing
- Work with various internal groups, such as Research Analysts, Sales-Trading, Trading, Derivatives, Special Situations and Corporate Access to facilitate client requests
- Assist in the development of SIG’s business prospects from current customers, referrals and networking
- Interact with company management and institutional investors and liaise with Senior Salespeople, Traders, Corporate Access and Research Analysts to help support the desk on regular ongoing client coverage
What we're looking for
- Students in the last year of their bachelors or master’s degree looking to start a full-time job upon graduation
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization and externally
- Attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Interest in financial markets, specifically equity research and research sales
- Will not require sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future
We don’t post salary ranges externally so any salary estimate you see listed on a third party website was not provided by SIG and may not be accurate.
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.