SIG is looking for an associate to join our Purchasing and Procurement team at our headquarters in Bala Cynwyd, PA, just minutes from Center City Philadelphia.
Our purchasing team works directly with our business and technology teams as well as with external vendors to identify and purchase assets to meet our business needs in a fast paced environment. This could be through the use of existing inventory and/or through the purchase of new equipment or services. You will work directly with existing vendors, as well as research potential new vendors when necessary.
You will have the opportunity to take ownership of the purchasing process from beginning to end, as well as to make recommendations and come up with new solutions to some of our existing workflows.
In this role, you will:
- Communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization to determine requirements for purchase and project planning
- Obtain and analyze pricing for computer hardware, software, peripherals and facilities related purchases
- Monitor & track software and equipment maintenance renewal requests
- Participate in software audits by performing analysis of existing software entitlements
- Review current software entitlements for co-term and potential savings opportunities
- Assistance with negotiations of project related requests as needed
- Review requisitions, purchase orders and other documentation for accuracy
- Place orders and ensure timely delivery of items to the appropriate end user(s)
- Work directly with vendors to place orders; research new vendors and products as necessary
What we're looking for
- Five years of recent hands-on purchasing/procurement experience
- An understanding of technology and the procurement of technology assets (servers, software, desktops, networking & telecommunications equipment, etc.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite; Excel required
- Must demonstrate strong communication (verbal and written) as well as teambuilding skills
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail required
- Ability to lift/move objects in excess of 50 pounds
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Information Technology or a related discipline
We don’t post salary ranges externally so any salary estimate you see listed here was not provided by SIG and may not be accurate.
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.