Each day, SIG participates in millions of trades. Our operations team manages the infrastructure that allows these trades to move forward with speed and accuracy. How do we aggregate and analyze trading data to help make better future decisions? How do we ensure that we correct any trade breaks that would expose the firm to financial risk? How do we constantly improve the efficiency with which we complete the lifecycle of a trade? This is where our Operations Analysts come in.
We look for people from a variety of backgrounds who have strong problem solving skills and the ability to thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment. Some of our Operations Analysts come in with a passion for the financial markets, some come in with programming knowledge. All come in with a curiosity and desire to grow and have an impact on SIG’s business.
Throughout the six month long Operations Analyst Program, you will have the opportunity to rotate across various trading desk and business areas at SIG, all designed to help you deepen your impact across the firm. In addition to your hands-on experience through daily responsibilities and project work on the desk, the program includes classroom training sessions focused on developing company specific knowledge and technical skills to facilitate process optimization. At the end of your rotations, you will be expected to leverage your diverse skill set and knowledge of SIG’s business to maximize your impact as an Operations Analyst. You will be placed in a role on a specific team that best aligns with your skills, interests, and SIG’s business needs.
Possible Rotations Include:
- Trading Operations – Includes a mix of role shadowing, daily trade support tasks, and project work. Throughout these rotations, you will gain valuable exposure to PnL and risk reporting for different trading desks. You will learn about how trading, technology, operations and research interact on a day-to-day basis. Rotations may include: Equity/Index Options, Equity Finance, Fixed Income, Energy, Commodities and Institutional Brokerage.
- Financial Operations – Learn the process of reporting the firm-wide PnL and balance sheet activity, and other reports that the department produces for management and regulatory purposes.
- Compliance – Learn how SIG adheres to exchange rules and regulatory requirements.
- Accounting – Our Accounting department is responsible for closing the general ledger for all SIG entities on a monthly basis. You will be given project work and support tasks to help you better understand how the department interacts with the rest of the firm.
- Business Analysis – Introduces you to ongoing projects that support the firm in reducing costs, reviewing processes and procedures to ensure adequate controls, and leveraging efficiencies across groups.
To learn more about the program and the role, visit https://www.sig.com/team/meet-operations-analyst-program/
What we're looking for
- Students in the last year of their bachelors or master’s degree looking to start a full-time job upon graduation
- Strong interest in math, technology, and the financial industry
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Access
- Experience with VBA or SQL preferred
- Ability to collaborate with a team while having the confidence to work independently
- Ability and desire to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Will not require sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.
We do not post salary ranges externally so any salary estimate you see listed on a third party website was not provided by SIG and may not be accurate.
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.