As an analyst on SIG’s Research team, you will partner with our senior analysts and traders to identify investment opportunities in the equity or options market. Research analysts provide real-time opinions on breaking news and in-depth analysis of future events. You will be responsible for finding opportunities that other market participants may not be capitalising on, either by discovering new information or considering existing knowledge from a different perspective. Analysts are embedded in a strategy-focused trading desk and the analysis you provide will directly impact trading decisions.
At SIG, we place a high value on education and development. You will experience this dedication to training as you work collaboratively with the research analysts and traders on your desk to gain hands-on exposure. You will also learn about options and the decision-making strategies that our traders employ. This role provides the unique opportunity to combine the quantitative aspects of finance with creative problem-solving in order to develop trade ideas in a fast-paced, proprietary trading environment.
Specific job duties include
- Evaluating and tracking special situations such as mergers, acquisitions, and other corporate actions
- Identifying and analysing upcoming events
- Providing real-time opinions on breaking news
- Collaborating with traders on investment ideas
- Traveling to company events and conferences as required
- Performing stock valuation analysis
What we're looking for
- Minimum 1 year Experiance
- Bachelor's degree
- CFA or part-qualified CFA Candidate preferred
- Strong written, analytical, and financial research skills
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Prior exposure to fundamental company research and event driven analysis an advantage
- Familiarity with a trading environment and derivative products preferred
- A self-starter, quick learner, effective communicator, and problem solver
- Willingness to work additional and flexible hours when necessary
We don’t post salary ranges externally so any salary estimate you see listed here was not provided by SIG and may not be accurate.
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.