Our Trading Floor Support team is committed to providing the highest level of technical support for our end-user community. Our mission is to maintain business productivity by providing highly effective customer service and developing innovative solutions to meet the technology needs of the businesses we support. You will engage with and directly support 350 users across our dynamic business and technical environments.
We don't follow a script; each day there is a new opportunity to solve a problem, automate a task, or kickoff a new project. You will be exposed to a wide variety of technologies, which fosters multiple opportunities for growth within and across our firm.
A Day in the Life of Our Trade Floor Support Team:
- We’re responsible for putting out fires on the trade floor. This ranges from preventative maintenance, compatibility testing, and troubleshooting hardware and software. We have to think quick to get a solution in place, but also have the opportunity to research, test and build out longer term solutions to ensure our users aren’t encountering the same issues again and again.
- We partner with the business and technology teams. You will not be required to escalate issues off to another team, but will instead partner with those teams to ensure we are resolving issues for our users as quickly and effectively as possible.
- Our team works in a fast-paced environment that requires us to constantly be thinking of ways to minimize our workload and maximizing our performance. We have the freedom to develop tools and automation to benefit the needs of our team.
- We stay on our toes and keep busy. You will have plenty of opportunity to get out from behind your desk, whether it’s replacing hardware, moving workstations, or following up with a user to make sure the solution we provided is working for them.
- One of the most interesting parts of our role is the exposure we gain. Working on the trade floor means we get to experiment with cutting-edge technologies, including testing prototype hardware in the trading environment.
Who We Are
SIG is a global quantitative trading firm founded with an entrepreneurial mindset and a rigorous analytical approach to decision making. We commit our own capital to trade financial products around the world. Building virtually all of our own trading technology from scratch, we are leaders and innovators in high performance, low latency trading. We value decision making and asking questions, and we pride ourselves on the fact that working at SIG is more than just a job.
What we're looking for
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a technical support position required
- PC and laptop hardware and software installation and troubleshooting skills required
- Experience with Microsoft Office 2010/2013 and Windows 7/10
- Must be able to lift/move equipment up to 50+ pounds
- Bachelors degree in an IT related discipline preferred
- Scripting experience (PowerShell, Python, or similar language) preferred
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.