SIG is seeking a Software Developer to help with designing, developing and maintaining some of the firm’s core software for high-performance, automated trading strategies. In addition to developing production applications that will interact real-time in financial markets, the applications will run in simulation (backtesting) for software regression testing, performance tuning, and strategy optimization. In this position you will have the opportunity to work very closely with traders, quantitative research analysts, and with some of the firm’s top software, infrastructure and hardware engineers. You will be engaging the complete SDLC and the majority of development will be in C++ on Linux.
In this role, you will:
Research, design, develop and test software components and applications using knowledge of object oriented and generic programming with C++
Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of designs within time, cost and performance constraints
Work independently to form problem definition and offer solutions within the scope of the application and the run-time environment
Continuously enhance existing software to correct errors, to adapt it to new hardware or to upgrade interfaces and improve performance
Work in a heterogeneous technology environment where many languages and technologies can be used appropriately to solve problems. Some example are: Python, mySQL, R and many others
Develop an understanding of the relevant aspects of the business domain (problems, activities, processes) and apply that understanding to maximize technology value
Who We Are
SIG is a proprietary trading firm headquartered in the Philadelphia area. We are dependent on a strong and creative technology team. We sit next to our stakeholders, allowing for a quick feedback cycle and a firsthand look at how our user interacts with our product. This position will require occasional travel to our headquarters as you collaborate with team members in both our Chicago and Philadelphia offices.
What we're looking for
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline or its foreign equivalent plus 5 years of progressive experience developing software applications is required. Relevant technical experience may substitute for education
- Knowledge of exchange microstructure is preferred
- Experience with and a demonstrated understanding of object oriented design and software development in a high-performance / high throughput environment using C++ (preferably in a Linux environment) is required
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy and a thorough understanding of full life-cycle development and performance optimization / latency reduction methodologies
- Ability to work as part of a team of developers as well as very closely with the testing / QA group
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.