As an Analyst on SIG’s Research team, you will partner with our senior analysts and traders to identify investment opportunities in the equity and options markets. Research analysts provide in-depth company analysis around future catalyst events and provide real-time opinions on breaking news throughout the trading day. You will be responsible for finding opportunities that other market participants may not be capitalizing on, either by discovering new information or considering existing knowledge from a different perspective. Analysts are embedded in a sector-focused trading desk and work collaboratively with traders who rely heavily on the analysis you provide to make trading decisions.
At SIG we place a high value on education and development, especially for recent graduates. You will experience this dedication to training firsthand as you work collaboratively with the research analysts and traders on your desk to gain the practical exposure needed to perform your daily responsibilities. You will also participate in classroom education where you will learn about options and the decision-making strategies that our traders employ. This role provides the unique opportunity to combine the quantitative aspects of finance with creative problem solving in order to develop trade ideas in a fast-paced proprietary trading environment.
To learn more about the program and the role, visit http://www.sig.com/about/culture/
Specific Job Duties Include:
- Identifying and analyzing catalyst events for the stocks or sector under coverage
- Performing stock valuation analysis
- Collaborating with derivative traders on investment ideas
- Providing real-time opinions on breaking news
- Forecasting dividends
- Evaluating special situations such as mergers and acquisitions and other corporate actions
- Traveling to company events and conferences as required
What we're looking for
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree
- Strong written, analytical, and financial research skills
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Prior exposure to fundamental company research strongly preferred
- Familiarity with a trading environment and derivative products preferred
- Must be a self-starter, a quick learner, an effective communicator, and resourceful in solving problems
- Willingness to work additional and flexible hours when necessary
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.