As an intern on SIG’s Research team, you will be partnered with our senior analysts and traders to assist in identifying investment opportunities in the equity and options markets. You will learn how our research analysts perform in-depth company analysis around future catalyst events and provide real-time opinions on breaking news throughout the trading day. You will gain experience in the financial markets by tracking company news and events, assisting with valuation work or other event-driven projects. SIG’s Research Analyst Internship introduces you to our unique approach to research through a combination of work on a sector-focused trading desk and theoretical classroom study. Interns are embedded in a sector-focused trading desk and work collaboratively with traders to learn how the opinions that Research Analysts provide impact trading decisions. The ten week summer program serves as our primary source for hiring full-time Research Analysts.
At SIG we place a high value on education and development. You will experience this dedication to training firsthand as you work collaboratively with the research analysts and traders on your desk to gain the practical exposure needed to perform your daily responsibilities. You will also participate in classroom education where you will learn about options and the decision-making strategies that our traders employ. This role provides the unique opportunity to combine the quantitative aspects of finance with creative problem solving in order to develop trade ideas in a fast-paced proprietary trading environment.
To learn more about the program and the role, visit http://www.sig.com/about/culture/
What we're looking for
- Strong written, analytical, and financial research skills
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrated interest in the financial markets
- Prior exposure to fundamental company research preferred
- Familiarity with a trading environment and derivative products preferred
- Must be a self-starter, a quick learner, an effective communicator, and resourceful in solving problems
- Willingness to work additional and flexible hours when necessary
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.