SIG’s Sales & Trading Internship introduces you to our unique approach to trading as part of a growing client business. As an S&T intern, you will be introduced to the financial markets through practical experience on our ETF trading desk – among the largest and busiest on the Street – and through formal education in a classroom setting.
You will be on a client-focused team consisting of sales traders, analysts, and derivative traders. On the ETF desk, you will gain an in-depth understanding of the fastest growing segment of financial services, the three trillion dollar Exchange-Traded Funds industry. In addition you will learn about capital markets, asset management and US market structure. As a member of a full-scale trading operation, you will experience various facets of the business through hands-on job training and real-time interactions with our analysts as they monitor the markets and identify opportunities, with our traders as they price securities and manage risk, and with our sales team as they interact with clients and trading partners.
The ten week summer program serves as our primary source for hiring full-time roles within our Sales & Trading group. The position is located at our headquarters in Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania, just outside of Philadelphia.
The ETF success story is one of unprecedented growth that has significantly exceeded that of every other asset management category in the last decade. SIG is one of the largest ETF liquidity providers globally, and we have been leaders in the marketplace since the inception of the first ETFs over 20 years ago.
What we're looking for
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong quantitative skills along with demonstrated analytical ability
- Ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced, team oriented environment
- Must be a self-starter, quick learner and resourceful problem solver
- Initiative, attention to detail and the ability to prioritize are essential
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully as part of a team
- Strong passion/interest in the markets and investment management business
- Enjoy networking and cultivating relationships
- Interest in learning about investment products and services, as well as general investment and securities concepts
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.