The Operational Analyst Programme (OA) is SIG’s financial operations rotational programme for full-time employees. The programme provides a blend of education, skill building, and exposure to SIG and the financial services industry. It will prepare you for an operations position that immediately impacts SIG’s business.
Throughout the duration of the programme, you will work alongside SIG’s Financial Operations team to gain in-depth exposure to the trading desks and various business areas at SIG. These rotations are designed to provide insight into how SIG is structured and will incorporate hands-on experience. In addition to rotations, the Operations Analyst Programme incorporates classroom training sessions focused on developing company-specific knowledge and technical skills.
As an Operations Analyst, you'll be mentored by a senior member of SIG’s Operations team, who will work with you to guide your development process. At the end of your rotation, you will be expected to leverage your diverse skill set and knowledge of the business to maximize your impact. You will be placed in an operations role that best aligns with your skills, interests, and SIG’s business needs.
- Managing and analysing trader positions, market making activities, settlement/buy in risks
- Monitoring corporate events and analysing the impact upon the traders’ positions
- Managing the exercise of options contracts on all European exchanges
- Liaising with Prime Brokers, Execution Brokers, and European exchanges
- Analysing desk’s trading fees with particular focus on financing and market making costs
- Proactively looking for trading cost and system efficiencies
- Calculating and analysing daily trading desk P&L
- Monitoring and analysing trading and operational risks, stock lending requirements
- Analysing and distributing risk reports both for the desk’s own risk measures and for our Regulatory obligations, required by the Financial Regulator
- Working on projects directly related to the desk’s trading activity and risks
- Analysing settlement/buy in risks and their impact on trader’s strategies
- Monitoring and analysing stock lending requirements for all desks
What we're looking for
- 3rd level degree
- Relevant university internship in an office environment
- Attention to detail and good organisational skills
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel. Exposure to MS Access and VBA/SQL an advantage.
- Strong communicator (verbal and written)
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task
- Ambitious and self-motivated, not afraid to ask questions and use own initiative
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills; including effective troubleshooting in a fast-paced, time-critical environment
- Knowledge of, and an interest in, financial markets
Interested candidates should submit a CV via our website at https://careers.sig.com/
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Susquehanna.
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.