You will be joining a team focusing on Trading reference data. The role involves working closely with traders, operations, and technology. The individual will be required to build an excellent knowledge of the vast range of products traded by SIG and how trading applications within SIG use trading reference data. This is a superb opportunity for an individual with a keen interest in the financial markets to gain exposure within a true trading environment
- Maintain the trading reference data definitions (all trading instrument types).
- Monitoring the automated data loading processes and dealing with data exceptions.
- Troubleshoot production issues related to trading reference data.
- Monitor corporate action events and analyzing the impact on instrument reference data.
- Be a point of contact for all maintenance requests and reference data queries.
- Contribute to the validation of new data to ensure accuracy.
- Interpret third party and exchange notifications and data sources.
- Identify areas that require improvement within the existing operational processes and drive tasks aimed at improving the reference data tools.
- Proactively communicating updates in order to reduce trading and operational risk.
- Maintain a full understanding of the data flows and the impact of all types of instrument data changes on SIG systems and processes.
What we're looking for
- Degree or equivalent in business, finance, or a technical related discipline.
Experience and Technical Skills
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office particularly Excel. Some exposure to MS Access and VBA/SQL an advantage
- Extensive knowledge of tradable instruments such as equities, ETFs, derivatives, bonds, and commodities, particularly the data required to support the trading and settlement/clearing of such instruments.
- Working knowledge of Bloomberg, Reuters and additional vendor suppliers an advantage.
- Proactive in self-training with the ability to learn new systems and processes.
- Ability to write SQL queries an advantage
- Initiative – proven record of seeking continuous improvement and implementing best practice
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Pro-active and highly motivated – desire to question beyond the basics, drives for resolution of problems.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) – ability to convey complex subjects in a clear and concise manner
- Attention to detail – thorough in work carried out
- Interpersonal – friendly and approachable
- Teamwork – working together to meet deadlines
- Excellent time management, organization and prioritization skills
- Desire to learn and improve skills and knowledge
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Susquehanna.
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.