At SIG, we view information security as pivotal to the success of our technology organization and our firm as a whole, and our security team is crucial in protecting our technology, empowering our users and enabling our business. We are looking for a Senior Security Engineer to join this team.
In this role, you will:
- Protect SIG's network boundaries, harden systems, protect sensitive data, fight malware, implement authentication and authorization controls, and enable employee mobility and productivity.
- Research, architect, develop, deploy and operate network, endpoint, web and access security controls.
- Work on diverse projects including new implementations, upgrades, and process automation across the entire technology organization.
- Work with other technical and business teams, which will allow you to understand the relationship between the solutions you are building, the technologies they interact with, and the business that is leveraging them
To find out more about what it’s like to work on our Security team, meet an engineer here: http://bit.ly/29kB3wY.
Why Join Our Team?
- You will get to work on a variety of security challenges and technologies. We offer the opportunity to focus in specific security domains, while still gaining exposure to additional technologies both within security, as well as across our networking and systems platforms.
- Our Engineers have the freedom, flexibility and resources to solve problems creatively and develop the most appropriate solution – this may range from buying/implementing vendor tools, rolling your sleeves up and developing custom solutions from the ground up, adapting open source solutions to meet SIG’s needs, or implementing process and policy controls when technology solutions are not available.
- We aren’t constrained by budgets. The options and solutions you can develop are endless. All you have to do is demonstrate your solutions are based on sound risk-based decision making and will be valuable to the firm.
- You don’t have to choose between researching, engineering and implementing solutions. You will have the opportunity to work on problems requiring big picture thinking, but will remain hands on with technology as you manage and execute large technical projects to drive growth with SIG’s security infrastructure.
- Continuous growth. At SIG, you don’t have to wait for tenure to take on new responsibilities. We have an open learning environment and our infrastructure, teams and skillsets are always growing.
What we're looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar technical discipline required; experience can substitute for education
- 5+ years of network, security or systems engineering, architecture or administration experience required
- 3+ years of security engineering, architecture or administration experience required
- Demonstrated experience managing and delivering large technology projects required
- Experience with at least one of the following required: firewalls and network security, email and web security, vulnerability and risk assessment, malware protection and endpoint hardening, and/or identity and access management.
- Deep technical understanding of information security concepts, common attacks and mitigation techniques, and ability to make risk-based decisions required
- Strong grasp of networking and firewall fundamentals and ability to do basic network administration and/or troubleshooting required
- Strong grasp of operating systems fundamentals and ability to do basic Windows and/or Linux administration and/or troubleshooting required
- Python, Perl, or similar programming experience required; web development or database administration experience a plus
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.