Due to our continued expansion we are seeking to hire a trader to oversee our corporate bond trading. You will be responsible for trading bonds from multiple asset classes, utilising both traditional and electronic methodologies while working to forge close relationships with counterparties.
This desk is a major growth area for SIG, and joining at this stage provides a unique opportunity with significant prospects.
- Execute trades electronically or by phone.
- Develop relationships with counterparties and build upon relationships with existing sales coverage and traders.
- Drive the development of new automated trading strategies and improve existing strategies
- Monitor market events, news, flows, and adjusting trading behaviour accordingly.
- Actively communicate relevant market movements, flows and information to traders.
- Remain aware of economic and financial data likely to affect the market by monitoring financial news and available research.
- Book trades and provide best efforts in a timely fashion to resolve all trade errors as reported by Back Office.
What we're looking for
- Bachelor Degree.
- 3 to 5 years or more of experience focused in the fixed income markets.
- Strong knowledge base in and throughout the fixed income asset class with experience trading in credit markets.
- Proven ability to develop strong relationships with varied counterparties.
- Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills in order to maintain productive relationships with external counterparties.
- Familiar with Bloomberg along with various bond trading platforms.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills while able to demonstrate strict attention to detail.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and work well under pressure while remaining focused
- Operate as a member of a team with a willingness to contribute and assist others.
Desired but not Essential:
- Generalist background in FI and experience covering multiple sectors\asset classes.
- Ability to assess facts and make quick decisions in a fast pace environment.
- Demonstrated success in financial services, ideally with experience covering and growing a territory.
- Comfortable using various electronic platforms and knowledge and familiarity with applicable order management systems.
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.