We are actively seeking an attorney to join our dynamic legal team. By joining our team in this role, you will gain tremendous insight into our business while counseling and advising on a broad array of legal issues. Our legal team performs an active and important role in trading relationships (clearing agreements, ISDAs, MSLAs, etc.), information technology, corporate and securities transactions, venture capital and private equity transactions and general business matters. Your role will be that of a liaison, strategizing with internal and external colleagues and business management teams on a comprehensive array of issues that are as diverse and multifaceted as is our continually evolving business.
In this role, you will:
- Provide frontline legal support to various business units within SIG
- Review and negotiate clearing, trading, financing, brokerage and OTC derivative agreements
- Review, document, negotiate and oversee corporate transactions and documents, including venture capital and private equity transactions
- Document and negotiate employment agreements
- Review and negotiate technology license agreements
- Oversee and coordinate outside counsel regarding litigation matters
Who We Are
SIG is a global quantitative trading firm founded with an entrepreneurial mindset and a rigorous analytical approach to decision making. We commit our own capital to trade financial products around the world. Building virtually all of our own trading technology from scratch, we are leaders and innovators in high performance, low latency trading. We value decision making and asking questions, and we pride ourselves on the fact that working at SIG is more than just a job.
What we're looking for
- Minimum of five years of corporate/securities related legal experience required, securities trading and documentation experience a plus
- Must possess strong negotiation skills
- Strong organization, effective planning, problem solving, and analytical skills required
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to liaise comfortably with all levels of management and outside counsel
- Must exhibit initiative and assertiveness in obtaining information needed to proceed with projects and accomplish tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing situations or urgent requests that may arise with little or no notice
- Must possess discretion and sensitivity when working with confidential information and safeguard such information appropriately
- Ability to exhibit independent judgment when evaluating projects or assignment needs
- Knowledge of Microsoft products (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Willingness to work additional and flexible hours on occasion
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG
To submit your resume please reply to the above e-mail with your resume attached.
Send an e-mail to the above address with your resume attached.